Dinner Invites
Well it always seems that life is a feast or famine. I have been longing for a dinner invite from one of the member families here. Not so much because I can't cook for myself but because it is so nice to be with families in a home. It makes Belgium seem so much more inviting and liveable when I am able to see the neighborhoods that remind me so much of my own childhood and upbringing.
So today I was invited to not just one home but two! Imagine my dilemma at having to choose between the two! I was technically already committed to the Rodgers (the Relief Society President's Family) so that is where I ended up going. It really was fabulous and they were very warm and inviting. Several weeks ago I drove to the Netherlands with Sister Rodgers so I had plenty of time to get to know her then so it was nice to spend some more time with someone I already semi-knew. Her husband was very nice and her kids very entertaining and nice as well. The missionaries stopped by at the end of my visit to challenge the family to give out 25 copies of the Joy to the World DVD!! It sounded like a lot to me but the Rodgers readily accepted the invitation and the missionaries told me I was involved too! They gave me some pass along cards (in both French and English) and sent me on my way! Anyway, it was an enjoyable afternoon but anticipating the 30 minute metro ride ahead I knew I should be on my way.
Belgium really isn't such a bad place afterall...you just have to have a bright outlook and a willing mind and anything is possible...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home