Saturday, November 12, 2005

Chinese Laundries and Other Such Attractions

Today has actually not been the eventful last Saturday in Belgium that I might have envisioned. I went teaching with the Sister missionaries and then to work to get some of my marketing materials. As I am applying for marketing positions I realized that I need to create my portfolio of work so that I have something to show for my experience. So I downloaded a few of the important things I have created at Obelis and emailed it to a company that requested some marketing samples from me. I am excited about the opportunity to work with this company. It is in Orem, Utah and I really, really am hoping to find a good job in that area. Plus the job sounds exactly like what I'd be interested in doing. Of course I am not getting my hopes up too high but I do feel qualified and I'm pretty sure I will have an interview with the place when I get back in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I spent a large part of my day packing up my room. I only have 3 nights left here...such a crazy thought but an exciting one. I needed to do laundry before I packed up but my preferred laundromat was closed and so I decided it would be more convenient to hand wash my clothes. Well let me just tell you that now that my room looks like a Chinese laundry (that is for Tori's benefit :) ) I realize that it may have been worth the trip to the other laundromat which is really only 10-15 minutes further down the road...and may have saved me a bit of time. :) But now I can say I've washed my clothes like the pioneers and that's what really counts, right??

So my final weekend hasn't been quite as I expected but I did merit an invite for dinner tomorrow from the Filipino ladies I visit teach so that should be very yummy! :) I'm looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home