Friday, December 23, 2005

WiLife it is...

Yea! It has been far too long since I posted something here but I am happy to announce that I did end up getting the job with WiLife (the makers of LukWerks digital video surveillance cameras...www.lukwerks.com) in Draper!! I couldn't be happier about it and I took the job immediately. I was offered the job on Wednesday, December 14, exactly one week after I had interviewed. I started the very next day on Thursday, December 15. It's interesting because I was supposed to be flying in on December 15 from Brussels...had I stayed there I would not be working for WiLife today!

I am the Marketing Specialist and until the Marketing Director comes onboard in January, I am the Marketing Department for WiLife. All sorts of people call me and try to set up appointments to pitch their advertising schemes to me. I have to make all sorts of decisions about print materials, who to have print, what to print, etc. It's so exciting to be involved with our graphic designers and to be able to tell them whether or not what they have done works for our image. Right now I am focusing on getting our product advertised on Google and Yahoo! and getting listed and selling on Amazon.com. It is a lot of work but a lot of fun.

I finally live in my own place and not with the Bourgeois' anymore! I know they were just being nice because after two and a half weeks house guests are too much!! But I am so grateful for their hospitality.

I am home for Christmas (well almost, I am in Vancouver at Amber and Brandie's) and I am glad to have somewhat of a break from work but it's impossible for me to just let it drop to the wayside...too attached to it I guess.

Andrew is in Atlanta for Christmas and I miss him sooooo much. He'll be back "soon enough" though, as he would say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home